Friday, October 8, 2010

Why Mad Mama?

Not that you asked.

I'm punning on the word Mad*. Mad as in crazy and mad as in, y'know:

"I told you to pick up your toys before dinner!"
"You're 6 so you MUST eat 6 bites of peas!"
"Turn off that TV!"
"Put the DS down and get dressed, NOW!"

The kind of mad (grrrrr!) that makes you mad (whoop! whoop! whoop!).

A lot of families I know have mealtime struggles. Either there are picky eaters to contend with or they'll all eat absolutely anything plunked in front of them if only the Chief Cook could figure out how to get something healthy to the table in the 14.37 minutes between soccer practice and homework. My target market for this venture is people who want to eat healthier but still want to live their lives.

I wish I could say I lead by example but I have as much to learn about how to pull this off as those who keep asking me what to do. Until now, I've been too chicken to tell them, "Beats the boogers outta me." Folks keep asking though, which tells me I exude the How-To-Feed-A-Family-Good-Food pheromone. Might as well follow where nature leads.

OMG! FedEx just arrived with a big box from IIN. Gotta go! Wheeeeeeee! See ya!

* Full disclosure: the idea did come to me on a Monday morning following a previous night's viewing of Mad Men. Coincidence or plagiarism? You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment